Saturday, August 2, 2008

Super Quick Update

Yes, it's official! My life is now spinning out of control! The lazy, hazy days of summer are a thing of the past and it's only August 2! It's times like these that I miss the after Labor Day start of school and the thought of having a summer that lasted through June, July, and August. I'm going to recap the week to the best of a my very limited memory.

Last Saturday, Addie headed to Hilton Head with Lori, Mom and Dad, and Natalie. Courtney and a friend went along too. Katie was due to join them on Tuesday with her crew. Sam had his heart set on spending his time without Addie with his BFF, Evan Vaughn, but when I called Evan to see if he could be rented out for week, his mom said that they were in the car on their way to Destin! Say it isn't so!

Saturday was a rainy, laid back day. Chelcie and I went dorm room shopping and had a good time getting her all stocked up for her first year of college. We had lunch together at Lenny's and she pointed out that the cashier was a guy she had gone to Walmart with her sophomore year. I mentioned it to him and she got embarrased. I also worked on getting things together for the first annual Reach Them Retreat that would take place on Sunday.

Sunday, Hallerin Hill spoke at NorthStar and did an incredible job sharing the message that "Anything is Possible...with God." It was also the last Sunday of WestLake Church's existence as they voted to be turned over to First Baptist Concord. I would have liked to have been there for the last Sunday, but had committed to NorthStar and I really wanted to hear Hallerin speak.

Right after church, Chris Ellis and I followed Ed to the lakehouse. Unfortunately, we got a late start and didn't get there before Theresa and Dan. Mardee Miller got her car off in a ditch and did some minor body damage to it. It was hot in the house, but we had a decent turnout. Dan, Hallerin, Dave, Tina, David, Chris, Theresa, Mardee, Jo, Jack, Sue, and I spent time dreaming and working on future plans.

Monday started early with my "School Fusion" inservice at 8:00. I met Angel and Sherry for lunch before heading home to change clothes. I had a pre-event meeting at PetSafe at 5:00. Laurie is doing a great job leading us and she had it organized and ready to roll!

Tuesday, Tom went to ECS with me for the first time. We've got our work cut out for her us. I took Sam to school with me and he helped me put up my quotes and I enjoyed his company! He's so sweet and funny! Later, Chelcie came over to join us and the three of us enjoyed lunch at Jason's deli. Addie got home about 11:30, and went straighted to bed! It's great to have her home!

Wednesday, I had a data team meeting at 8, so Sherry picked me up at 7:30. We looked at charts and graphs for about 3 hours before heading to Regas for lunch. Then I picked up the kids plus Taylor and we worked some more at WVMS for a while.

Thursday morning, I tutored Taylor Frizen at 9:00 while her mom took Addie and Sam out for breakfast and to the library. When they got back, we let the kids play for a while and Anita and I spent some time talking and getting to know each other. At 12:30, I met Anthony and Ingrid Gee on Market Square to discuss "Cherries for Life." Another dreamer... When I got home, Taylor had come back over to hang out and spend the night, so I took the girls and Sam to WVMS to play a little. Taylor was a huge help in the classroom by cleaning all my student desks and organizing my cabinets. At 5:00, Anthony, Scott and I met to discuss programming at NorthStar. Our biggest challenge now is tracking down Chris Blue or another talented young person who can sing!

Friday morning, I stopped by Panera to spend a little time with Suzanne and Sherry before heading to American Book Co. to pick out books for pre-event goody bags. Because I didn't want Tom and the kids to leave for Atlanta before I could say good-bye, I left the books and raced home to see them off. I took Taylor back home and traded kisses and hugs with the kids. Once they were on their way, I jumped back in the car and headed to WillowBrook (40 minutes late with my gas light on) to meet with Jo Bruce and Sara Gore. I had a wonderful time getting to know Sara and sharing the "dream." I also had the opportunity to meet Chris Bruce. What a kind hearted young man! Both Sara and Chris will have powerful stories to share at the pre-event this year. As I left WillowBrook, I called Anderson to let her know I was going to be pushing the limit to make it to the News-Sentinel in time for our 1:00 meeting. She met me there and we made it by 1:05. Mary Lyle is in charge of our account and they agreed to partner with us again this year. It was a very successful meeting and we left in awe of God who is the One who opens doors and allows us these incredible opportunities to bring this message to a larger audience. When I finally got back home, I took a shower and went computer shopping to get a lap top of Chelcie. Ed helped me weed through the sales pitches and find good computers, but we ended up getting her exactly what she wanted- a macbook with a "free" printer and "free" Ipod Touch. I spend $1300 and will be eating beans and rice by the end of the month, but I'm learning to trust God in the area of my finances and He proving Himself faithful in all things, just like He said He would.

Saturday morning, Sherry and I walked and solved all the problems of the world. Now I need to spend the day getting a handle on all that is going on with Reach Them before Tom and the kids come back later today. Whew! What a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.