Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Reach (Up) to Teach Them in 2011
Dreaming Big in 2011 - Five Goals and Ideas for Building a Dream
1. I know that God created me for a specific reason. He has a purpose and a plan designed especially for me. I feel pretty sure I know what His calling for me is, but I don't know exactly what it will look like when He's finished with me. Jeremiah 29:11 promises me that "God knows the plans He has for AMY CRAWFORD, plans to prosper AMY CRAWFORD, and not to harm AMY CRAWFORD - Plans to give AMY CRAWFORD a hope and a future..." Yee-haw! That verse alone gets be fired up and ready to run into the game without spending time on the practice field. God is getting me ready. He uses challenges, difficulties, and even unexpected blessings to prepare me for what He's got in store for me. I will take comfort in knowing that I am a tool in His hand. I will seek and follow His leading in my life.
2. In 2011, I'm going to look for divine appointments. I will listen with ears that EXPECT to hear that "still, small voice" and I will see with eyes that LOOK for opportunities to serve Him. This verse from one of my favorite praise songs sums it up:
These hands are yours (These hands don't need to be spending time on Facebook)
Teach them to serve (Opportunities are everywhere!)
As you please and I'll reach out (When I reach out, I will push my limits so that the greatest of God will be revealed)
Desperate to see all the greatness of God (I AM desperate to see all the greatness of God)
May my soul rest assured in you (No need to worry, stress, or be anxious. It's not about me anyway)
And so, in 2011, I am desperate to see all the greatness of God each and every day!
3. Shhh! I will be a quiet servant, not calling attention to myself and as a result, I will experience joy and fulfillment like I've never known!
Start each day with other people in mind. Lose the selfishness. Live out Mark 9:35 "Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.”
4. At least once a week, I will take stock of things that I am grateful for in my life. I will develop at "attitude of gratitude" and because I have tangible proof that God's "got my back" my faith will increase, fear will diminish, and I will be able to look back and see that God is at work in my life.
5. Putting off action is killing my dreams. Reach Them to Teach Them is not in the place it needs to be due to my procrastinatic (yes, that's my made-up word) leadership style. I am the founder and director of an incredible organization that is staffed by talented, gifted, and very busy volunteers who have many options when it comes to volunteering their time, and yet, they've deemed our dream worthy. With this position comes a responsibility for me to step up and take action TODAY, not tomorrow, not when I feel like it...NOW! My first step begins now with small steps toward the mountain. I know that if I keep taking those small steps and others come along beside me, and I commit our decisions and direction to fervent prayer, then God Himself will direct our paths. SO...here we go! 2011 is the year for me to take giant steps of faith by taking small steps right now. My hand is reaching up for Yours, Daddy....Lead me where You'd have me go.